Rock-Star 2D-Artist (m/f)
Based in beautiful Hamburg, media and gaming city, the multinational Whow team of 25 will bring the thrill and excitement of Vegas to everyone’s device. We at Whow Games aspire to be Europe´s leading online social casino platform by developing outstanding free-to-play casino games on solid platforms allowing our players to play anytime, anywhere, and on any device. You will get the chance to be part of a fast-growing and game-changing company in the field of social casino.
We are looking for a rock-star 2D-Artist who is willing to join our game-changer-team at an early stage and assemble a new and trustful social casino experience. Now it's time to put these digital creations into motion and make them shine. As 2D Artist you help create the Social Casino world our games take place in. You are tasked with creating highly engaging art assets and characters that meet both the overall company vision and the needs & expectations of our players.
Are you passionate about this challenge? Do you enjoy creating entertainment and emotional portals and games? YOU are our man!
- Create 2D assets and characters that adhere to the art direction and style established for the theme casinos including characters concepts, environments, backgrounds, animated and dynamic content
- Work hand in hand with Art team and development team to implement the visual designs created for the games and portals
Your profile and skills
You are the ideal candidate if you bring
- Experience in one of the following fields: Flash Animation, Web Design, Game design or Illustration
- Conceptualization skills such as sketching, illustrating, drafting and painting
- Experience with lighting, composition, color studies, painting and storyboards
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Flash Skills
- Up to date knowledge of latest design trends in a wide variety of areas including games, film, design and animation (web and mobile)
- Passion for making and playing innovative social casino games and to be part of our game-changer team and ability to work with speed on ongoing projects
- Teamwork and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be thorough and precise in his work
- Excellent communication skillsin order to communicate ideas clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Confidence in dealing with a heated atmosphere and challenging situations based on excellent team player qualities
- University degree: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in fine arts, additional certifications in multimedia arts preferred
- Work experience: 1-3 years of relevant experience in the gaming industry
- Fluency in both German and English
GAMING CITY HAMBURG
- Office in the heart of the city
- Highly dynamic and motivated international team of 25 greatly skilled engineers, designers and hungry entrepreneur team
- A positive working atmosphere with motivated colleagues
- Teamwork, quick decisions, flat company hierarchy and possibilities to grow and supply your own ideas
- Regular cool team activities (e.g. Poker Event, Las Vegas Trip)
EVERYTHING YOU NEED
- Your own choice of hardware and OS
- Fair compensation
- Flexible and fair working hours and conditions
- Long-term perspective
- The opportunity to be part of a game-changer team
- Challenging, fast-paced and engaging environments
- Possibility to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
After a successful probation period with us, we will fly you to Las Vegas for a weekend to experience the "Gambling Capital of the World" for yourself! Ready to put your web developing talents to the test?
Please contact Inna Plachotny, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Rock-Star 2D-Artist”, portfolio of your work, resume, and a brief write-up of why you are interested in this position and a good fit for Whow Games. Please include brief descriptions of your role on specific projects.